Monday, May 31, 2010

Chavutti Course

I was hosting a workshop at the Yoga Room this weekend; a post graduate course in Chavutti Thirumal with Helen Noakes. For the uninitiated, this is one of the most interesting and exciting massage techniques that I have ever experienced and I would recommend that you seek one out!

The entire massage is done with the practitioners feet whilst the client lies prone on the floor. The practitioner can use their body weight to massage and can, therefore can go a lot deeper than in a regular hand massage.

The course itself spans over 3 weekends. Helen is incredibly inspiring and I was blown away with her vast knowledge of the subject. By Sunday evening after 20 hours of training, I felt exhausted and utterly overwhelmed with information! I have a long way before I can practice this technique professionally, but I feel inspired to learn and can't wait to get some guinea pigs to practice on!



No comments:

Post a Comment