Monday, February 16, 2009

It was with great excitement that I departed India. I have missed Andy, my family, clients and my friends.

I had a very relaxing week on the beach in beautiful Goa. I was up North in a place called Ashwem. The Northern beaches are absolutely gorgeous. Goa is such a contrast to Mysore. The people are so friendly and laid back. I didn’t encounter any of the irritation from Hawkers or Rickshaw Drivers that were plaguing me in Mysore. The only slight irritation was the hassle that I received from Waiters in the beach shacks. Some of them are definitely on the look-out for a holiday romance. Shirley valentine I am not! I have even taken to wearing a ring on my wedding finger to scare them off. Unfortunately this kind of hassle comes with the territory when traveling as a woman alone. I spent the week catching up with old friends and soaking up some rays. I am returning to Scotland, relaxed and sun-kissed. I found a wonderful practice space directly overlooking the beach. It was heaven….

As well as yoga and sunbathing, I have been getting lots of Ayervedic massage… I found a wonderful Practitioner on the beach and squeezed in as many as possible in my time there. It was so cheap; two hours of bliss for a mere ten pounds! I had a final massage on my final night and unbeknownst to me I had chosen the very night that the Shack next door were having a crazy drug-fuelled techno party. The walls in the hut did nothing to sound proof the pounding bass, leaving me with nothing a pounding head. Apparently these parties are very frequent, much to the annoyance of the local shack owners. In the past year there has been a huge influx of Russians that like to party to loud Techno music and irritate the hell out of the locals in doing so.

So, now I am back to the grey, cold of Scotland. I had a real culture-shock moment on arrival... India is so colourful and noisy, Scotland so drab and peaceful. Ah, it is good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment